Friday, November 18, 2011

THE DEVIL INSIDE ME

the devil inside me
holds fast
all my madness

holds fast
all my sadness

and one
of these days
I'll get him
drunk as hell

and make
my death leap
toward heaven



ANOTHER PRETTY FACE

she's just another pretty face
in a sea of pretty faces
and the sea is angry, angry

I ask her name
she tells me her husband 
is right behind me

and the sea is green
and brown, and yellow, and black
and I can feel 
his hot breath
on the back of my neck


CHANGE

there is change that needs change
there is change that wants change
there is change needing change
and there is change to change change

but nowhere timetable for change
changing whatever change is able



Science must not impose any philosophy,
any more than that telephone most tell
us what to say.

G.K. CHESTERTON 






No comments:

Post a Comment