Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CYNIC BY NATURE

I've always been a cynic by nature.
Naturally, nature doesn't give a shit
one way or another,
as long as I don't shit in the woods.
Probably why I've developed
such hard bark around my core.

I'm also deceptive by nature,
which naturally makes me
a misdemeanor
by natural law of averages.

This brings up a very fine line
between divide and conquer,
and who takes out the trash,
and why bears
have such a intense sense of smell,

especially when people
shit in their woods.
that's why the bears come down
from the woods
and scatter our garbage
all over our yards.

Bet you didn't know that!



ain't nothing gonna be beautiful
like this photo suggests 
best we lay our head down
give ourselves a rest

now ya'll listen to me
this ain't no goddamned test
best we cover our heads
give it up cause we the best 



2 comments:

  1. That was a fab read, Richard. Lines 1 & 2 kick things off tremendously!

    ReplyDelete