Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CAN'T CUT THE MUSTARD

I can no longer
cut the mustard
or pass the acid test
like last week's gas
that keeps coming back
never giving me a rest
look!
isn't that a robin's nest?
but i always do my best.



and now, to muddle around
these puddles of uncertainty 
gravity holding me down
am I the only clown
in this godforsaken one horse town?


in the light
there is a place
darkness waits

but i don't wait
do you?
well, of course you do!
I see that just by looking at you.


"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)


its not like she's promiscuous
or any resemblance 
to her bear father
but, her mother, a statue
in hope-garden
weathered and battered 
ancient myths and bogymen 
and all those dead things
living in her father's
shadow-box orchard
under false pretenses 
and purple shades of night
to keep her warm










No comments:

Post a Comment