Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WAKING UP AT 5 AM

waking up at 5 am,
just about the time
dawn is waking,
with an intense 
feeling of dread.

I scan the exterior;
the interior,
and I find nothing amiss.

I look in the mirror,
throw myself a kiss,
crawl back in bed
and cover my head.

I take my insanity seriously. 



bad news knows the shortest route,
while good news stumbles about
trying to find a way out. 


"The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Aristotle Onassis (1906-1975)


I should say something
I should do something
I should buy a new hat
I should paint my face blue
I should cross the border
is that a new look for you?
I should have married you
do you spit and chew?


not intending to be funny
i pulled down my pants
and she laughs
i look down
and i laugh
ya, it was funny
i suppose 
you'd laugh too
but i won't
pull down my pants
 for you








2 comments:

  1. No Yawns here, it's funny, I was just combing through my stuff looking for 'Morning' poems for a book I'm putting together, weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, rch. Good luck with the book.
    After several dry weeks, we finally received an inch of rain last night!! Love it! Stay cool, my friend.

    ReplyDelete