Thursday, December 26, 2013

SALES!

so, sales, sales, sales!
everywhere we look!
everything is for sale!
guy on corner of impossible
and possible,
selling his neighbor's wife,
cheeseburger and a beer!
man, she's hot, hot!
should get cheeseburger
and a six pack!
I thought about it,
but my wife,
she'd cut my nuts off!
she told me,
and I believer her.
okay, I'll leave you with
that thought:
nuts cut off!
men, protect your nuts!


Poetry is what gets lost in translation.

Robert Frost
------------------------------------------------------
well, ya, I get lost in translation.
ain't hurt me none!
I'm lost right now, in fact!
not that you care none.
you don't care, right?

oh, slap me, slap me!


He who draws noble delights from sentiments of poetry
is a true poet, though he has never written
a line in all his life

George Sand, 1851


of all the anger,
all the misery,
love still believes in us.
love above all else.


Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted.

Percy Shelley, A Defence of Poetry, 1821


one need not tell an onion it is a carrot.
an onion knows it's an onion.
and the carrot knows it's place.
vegetables are not risk takers.

it's my bedtime now.
and I won't be getting any.
she's made that very clear!

4 comments:

  1. Seeing that you threatened to buy someone else’s wife I don’t blame the missus in the least.

    Happy grumpy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, yes, suppose you're right. I've become very protective of my nuts. no fooling around for this old boy....
      thank you, Friko. happy new year.

      Delete
  2. lol.......I felt sorry for my cat when he was neutered, so fingers crossed that doesn't come about for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to know there's still some women out there still having sympathy for a man's nuts!

      thanks, Helena. nice having you back.

      Delete