Friday, December 6, 2013

SOMETHING CHEERY

if i had something cheery
to say, I'd say it
and we could get on
with getting on
and go our own way.

and teach our pets to play.
or just get drunk
and make clay pigeons
out of bread dough.

or make snow yellow.
yes, I'm that fellow.


I understand this and that surprises me, 
and scares me,
and I don't understand why
I should be surprised or scared.
but that's the way it is;
for better or worse. 


husbands are that wives blame
when  thing go wrong.
and, no, doesn't work

the other way around.
and I'll testify to that fact,
should i be requested to do so.


Most glorious night!
Thou wert not sent for slumber!

Lord Byron (Childe Harold)


just because she said so.
told me to do so, so I did.
and I'd do it again,
and again because
she said so

she has my soul, and
won't give it back
unless I obey and
do as she says to do.


I have never in my life learned anything
 from any man who agreed with me.

Dudley F. Malone 



our high temp today, 12-6, was -3 F
temp now, at 2100 hours is -10.
zero for tomorrow's high.
i just love winter, don't you?






No comments:

Post a Comment