Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WITH ALL I'VE DONE

with all I've done,
all of read, studied,
all the places I've been,
one would think

I'd know something,
have learned something
by now, but
one would be wrong,
one would,

as I continue
making  same old stupid
mistakes
I've made all along.


it may be elementary
dear Watson,
or simply

a case of indigestion.
only way to tell,
dear Watson,
wait for the smell.


too much importance
placed on fear.

fear keeps us focused;
keeps our heads
firmly on our shoulders.

and our shoulders
level with commonsense;
obedience follows.



turning love into butter
better butter lover
sweet on thy tongue
lapping up butter
thee what love thy butter
better lover, better butter
love thy butter


a life time
of shittin' and gettin'
has left me constipated,
deflated,
and damned ornery.
and only slightly horny.


We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children
that makes the heart too big for the body.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment